Dental Implants from Port Perry Dental
Advanced therapy to replace missing teeth with dental implants
Implant dentistry is the most advanced therapy available to replace missing teeth. Dental implant restorations generally look, feel and act like natural teeth. At Port Perry Dental Associates, we believe in continued education to offer you the latest in dental treatments.
Dental implants that last a lifetime
Dental Implants from Port Perry Dental Associates are the best alternative to your own teeth and can provide a lifetime of excellent chewing and aesthetics. Patients who have been treated with implants are able to chew all the foods they desire and no longer have to suffer the embarrassment of having their teeth come loose in public.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a replacement for the lost root of a tooth. Unlike dental implants, a denture only temporarily fits the gum. Once the root of the tooth is replaced with an implant, then a new crown can be made over the implant to provide a new life-like tooth.
Dental implants can be used to replace single teeth, multiple teeth and to secure loose dentures. Dental implants have been used successfully for more than 30 years. The development stage of dental implantology ended more than two decades ago, and research studies have clearly established the safety and effectiveness of dental implants.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Replace missing teeth
- Tighten loose dentures
- Reduce or eliminate sore spots caused by dentures
- Eliminate the need for denture adhesives
- Prevent bone loss that occurs after a tooth is lost
- Prevent the shaving down of healthy teeth for conventional crowns
- Replace dentures with permanent teeth
- Provide patients with the confidence of real teeth
- Allow patients to eat all the foods they enjoy
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
- People in good general health
- People approximately 15 years and older
- People who would like increased chewing efficiency
- People with loose dentures
- People with missing teeth
Read more about the benefits of dental implants or contact us to discuss if you are a good candidate for dental implants.